Saturday, March 29, 2008

Welcome To The Machine: OR The Desert Island Draft Part IV

By the time my pick for round 4 came up both Darkside of the Moon and the Wall were taken.

But they were never my favorite Pink Floyd albums anyway.






















Only 5 tracks? And two of them are parts of the same song? That's insane.

They're also 5 great tracks.

I used to listen to the album on repeat while sitting on the floor playing the Super Nintendo.

Welcome to the Machine and Have a Cigar (while both awesome) are almost lost in the scheme of the other 2 songs.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond and Wish You Were Here...now...that's where it's at.

Shine on you crazy diamond is epic. I don't think people make music like that anymore. It seems like nowadays every song has to fit into 4 minutes or less. Say what you have to and get out quickly. Well...if you look at my picks in this draft I'm not really a fan of that mentality.

Of course, Wish You Were Here is the memorable and brilliant piece of the album. Everyone knows it, and how great and beautiful it is. Nothing more I can add to that.

So with my 4th pick in the Desert Island Draft I took Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

P.S. As for round 5...well...I actually went to see her in concert by myself a couple of years ago. Which was awesome. ...and weird.

Link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3DXCHa9BYfE

2 comments:

Smash said...

for the record, wish you were here is my favorite pink floyd song.

the wall is my favorite album.

the wall in berlin is my favorite concert dvd.

Bryan said...

I've never seen the Wall in Berlin. I'll have to check that out. The movie version of the Wall weirded me out so the album had to fall to #2 on my list.

Tata...

(have I used that one yet?...i think not. One point for Bryan)